The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

jade plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Jade Palnts| Next thread: jade plant »
Back to Thread index
by deaner on July 03, 2005 11:05 AM
my jade plant is skinny and is growing straight up! is this normal? how do i get it to branch out?
by tkhooper on July 03, 2005 06:19 PM
Mine grows straight up and then topples over and then drops a leaf where new branches are going to start. It also developes air roots to help support itself. How tall is you plant?

-
 -
by Nako on July 04, 2005 01:43 AM
to get it to branch out, you could try taking off a leave. Or you could cut the top off after you take off a leave too. Either way should work pretty well ^.^ If its skinny, it probably needs more light >.o

~Phoebe

Nako's Webshots!
 -
 -
by mike57 on July 04, 2005 01:51 AM
HI deaner i agree with nako. I allways cut the tops off of mine to get them to bush out and it makes the stalk grow bigger around much thicker to hold the weight of the leafs. but there slow growing plants.after it bushs out you can cut those parts again and it will branch out even more.the parts that you cut off you can root for new plants. your friend in gardening.mike57

-
No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent.
by deaner on July 04, 2005 05:16 AM
thanks for all of your help guys!!!!!!.....my jade is only a foot tall and the leaves start halfway up. i have had it for 2 years and it just recently grew another 2 leaves out of the top.
by tkhooper on July 04, 2005 06:26 AM
definitely more sun. Mine gets direct sun all morning long and the sun is much brighter down here in Virginia. I'm originally from Bremerton Washington. So find a good south facing window for it. That'll help it get the lead out lol. Oh I almost forgot mine like miracle grow.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jade Palnts| Next thread: jade plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: