The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peace lily won't bloom

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: peace lily's| Next thread: peace rose »
Back to Thread index
by Cricket on October 09, 2004 09:18 AM
I have two peace lilies which I repotted about a year and a half ago. Prior to repotting, the bloomed consistently but haven't bloomed since they were moved to their new homes. Both plants are full and healthy looking with lush, green leaves and plenty of new growth. They are situated in moderately bright light (no direct sun). I have had peace lilies for many years but this is the first time I can't get them to bloom. I know that peace lilies like to be a bit rootbound before blooming, but as it has been 1 1/2 years, I was wondering if there could be another reason they aren't blooming.
by Robert Wright on October 09, 2004 09:19 PM
Since the days are shorter and the sun is not so bright, i place my peace lillies in a west window. i keep my plant rootbound. I water throurghly. Robert [wayey]

"Two Green Thumbs"
by A Dancing Nancy on October 10, 2004 10:07 PM
I have several peace lilies in a slightly dark apartment. They grow constantly, but don't bloom. I've been told they will only bloom when placed in bright light (my mom's live in a brightly lit kitchen and bloom year round). Try upping the sunlight and see how they do...

A Dancing Nancy
by TomR on October 11, 2004 04:07 AM
In most cases a flowering plant that won't bloom is not getting enough light. Sometimes it's both light and lack of/not enough fertilizer. Increase the light level and let us know how often you fertilize it.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by Cricket on October 12, 2004 12:26 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone. Currently the plants are in a nook and receive light from both south and west windows. I use a balanced 20-20-20 fertilizer on them once a month. I have kept peace lilies in the past that would bloom year round and these plants have bloomed for me but not in the past year and a half since repotting. Perhaps I'm just being impatient waiting for them to become rootbound?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: peace lily's| Next thread: peace rose »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: