The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Bare Root Plant

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: bare root| Next thread: Bare Root Plants?????? »
Back to Thread index
by CindersTurn on March 22, 2006 03:17 AM
I recently ordered a number of bare root pampas grass plants online from a nursery. They will be here any day now. I'm in zone 7, USA.

I'm a new gardener, this is my question, since I won't be able to plant them in the ground yet, until spring is here......What should I do with the bare roots when they get here? Should I plant them inside, and then replant them outside in a few weeks?? Thanks for any guidance.
by dodge on March 22, 2006 06:47 AM
I would suggest you put them into a bucket of water till your able to plant......The plant should come with directions.. all send them.
[Wink]

Good luck.

[grin]
dodge

-
 -
''''Those who live in the Lord Never See Each Other For The Last Time!''''
by peppereater on March 23, 2006 02:01 AM
Why can't you plant them? Is the ground still frozen there? I'm in zone 7 and the ground never freezes for more than a few days, at most.

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by eClaire on March 24, 2006 12:40 AM
My mail order plant instructions said to plant bare root plants right away, and you can do this even if the ground is frozen/cold. I have had fairly good results doing this, and I'm in zone 7b. YOu only want to soak the woody plants in water from what I understand, not perrenials or vines.
Good luck!

Claire

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: bare root| Next thread: Bare Root Plants?????? »
Back to Thread index