The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

pussywillow?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Pussy Willows| Next thread: Puzzled about white flowers »
Back to Thread index
by buzylady on March 20, 2006 10:52 PM
Anyone have a pussywillow? I was given a few cuttings. They have rooted in water very fast. They have also already bloomed and have leaves going wild. My question: Should I plant them? Maybe in a large pot till spring actually gets here?( although today is first day of) There is snow predicted here tomorrow.

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k103/Di_06/
by tamara on March 24, 2006 08:43 PM
I'd plant them in a pot, is it possible to plant them in a larger peat pot? That way you can just plant the whole thing when it is time instead of disturbing those tender roots.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
Thinking Spring, Thinking Spring...Nope, doesn't work.lol
by tamara on March 24, 2006 08:49 PM
Just took a sneak at your pics, you have a beautiful bench area, love the plants and flowers but 'Sweetie' scares me. That clematis looks to be a 'Ramona'.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
by tamara on March 24, 2006 08:52 PM
I forgot to tell you that we have many pussywillows here, they grow wild and are considered a nuisance. Funny how from one place to another that what is a weed to some is a thing of beauty for others.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
by buzylady on March 24, 2006 10:37 PM
I will look for a large peat pot. Didn't think of that. Thanks. I like the peat pots and the peat pellets for seeds.
My bench area is my favorite. It really got full and green last yr.
Sweetie is just that a sweetie. She loves to play, chase my cats and roll over for the little ones, I watch, to scratch her belly. She is harmless. I have 2 other Rotties too. We breed them. Ours are not mean.
So the pussywillows grow wild in Canada. Are they a bushy plant? I haven't seen one, or maybe haven't recognized it before.
'That clematis looks to be a 'Ramona''
Would that be the blue? I can't remember if I posted my pink one. The blue one is from my Mothers plant, and it was very old. Mom has been gone for 15 yrs. She hadn't fooled with the plants for about 10 yrs. before that. It's great to revive something of hers.
Diane

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
by tamara on March 24, 2006 11:08 PM
I also should of stated a welcome post for you but I was rather busy this morning. So I'll say welcome right now. Come get to know us over in the banter hall in our Coffeehouses. The purplish blue clematis was the one I'm talking about, I have the same one here.

The pussywillow plant is very bushy and invasive here. They have to hire men to cut them down along with the red dogwoods every year along the hydro line poles. They take over quite quick.

-
 -
Tamara's Photos
by buzylady on March 25, 2006 12:42 AM
I just looked at your zone. 4. I would say that's why. It doesn't stop growing? It is weird how you are north of me but my zone is 6. Must be the mountains here.
Thanks for the welcome.

buzz buzz buzz  -
 -
by AndreaJoy on March 25, 2006 01:18 AM
I am pretty new to planting seeds. I have done some flower planting. I was wondering if I could get any advise on planting my seeds that I purchased. I got Morning Glorys and sunflowers. I am going to try to get the morning glories to climb up the pillars on my front porch. I bought some peet pots and some miracle grow dirt. I am wondering about the water and what I can use to keep my cats out of them when I am at work. I was going to try to make a makeshift greenhouse to put on my dryer in the mud room. I would love to keep it outside but I am scared that it is too cold still.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pussy Willows| Next thread: Puzzled about white flowers »
Back to Thread index