The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Peace Lily

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Peace lily| Next thread: Peace Lily »
Back to Thread index
by Carly on June 20, 2005 09:24 AM
Here's mine - I've had it since late winter (around Easter, I guess)

A kept it on the windowsill in the office for a while, thinking that's what it would need - light, but it does much better in the shady corner of the office.

The light it gets could be described as that early morning light you get around 6 in the summer.

It's beside the window on which faces south-east, and the curtains are light enough that you can see shadows through it. They're blue. The office is white, so that helps, I guess.

-

-
When sorting seeds, do not whistle.
by Carly on July 01, 2005 09:58 PM
Am I supposed to re-pot it? Will it make bulbs like regular lillies?

-
by Will Creed on July 04, 2005 07:37 AM
Hi Carly,

The peace lily is mis-named. It's botanical name is Spathiphyllum and it is not in the Lily family and does not have bulbs.

No need to repot it. It is more likely to flower and live a long life if kept very tightly potted. Be patient and don't expect it to grow fast and large.
by Carly on July 06, 2005 10:10 PM
Will, thanks a bunch. I appreciate it - it sure is a nice plant; I just love the thing.

I've never taken peace lilies (spath, or whatever) seriously before. I just figured it's something you pick up at Easter and forget it with the rest of the jemaylee.

Thanks again.

-

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Peace lily| Next thread: Peace Lily »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: