The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Looking for 20+ Bearded Iris Other than Purple

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by TheGardenerGuy on March 17, 2006 08:32 PM
Hi Everyone! [wavey]

I'm Looking for 20 or more bearded iris in different colors other than purple to fill in my mom's iris bed. [thinker]
Does anyone know where i can buy this many? [dunno]
Thanks for the help! [thumb]
Greg [kissies] [gabby] [angel]

-  -
In the midst of the storm..I find the greatest Peace. I don't know what tomorrow holds..but i know Who holds tomorrow. [angel]
by tkhooper on March 17, 2006 08:51 PM
Even the local dollar tree is selling bulbs right now down here in Virginia. You shouldn't have any problem finding them. Wal-Mart also has a big stock of bulbs right now. And I wouldn't be supprised to see them at Lowe's or Home Depot either but I haven't had a chance to get over there.

-
 -
by TheGardenerGuy on March 17, 2006 09:00 PM
I went over to Ebay and checked also..hoping to find some where i could buy 20 to a package instead of purchasing them individually like Walmart has them.

-  -
In the midst of the storm..I find the greatest Peace. I don't know what tomorrow holds..but i know Who holds tomorrow. [angel]
by SpringFever on March 17, 2006 10:44 PM
michigan bulb has 30 for 8.99... not a bad price but they are mixed

-
 -
Tonight I am having friends for dinner... Hanibal Lector My Album
by neko nomad on March 17, 2006 11:25 PM
Hi,gg: check out this link for a listing of online iris growers:
Iris

Here's a site in particular which offers bulbs & plants in bulk:
Bloomingbulb.com

Hope this helps. Good luck!
by slredmond on March 18, 2006 01:46 AM
Have you tried Sam's Club or Lowe's? Our local stores have TONS! Happy planting.

Sandy R.
by mom54 on March 18, 2006 02:12 AM
I would stay away from the Michigan Bulb Co. They do not have a very good reputation. How about gardening catalogs? There are a ton of them out there. Everyone is right. Many stores have a good variety of Iris, along with all kinds of bulbs.

-
by Bestofour on March 18, 2006 08:36 AM
I only have purple and lavendar, I think. I planted some white ones and if they come up this year I'll share with you.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by TheGardenerGuy on March 18, 2006 09:34 AM
Thanks much..Best of Four! [wavey]
I will have to go out hunting for some....I am leery about buying any thru mail order nurseries...i like to see it b4 i buy it. [grin]
I will have to keep checking Ebay to see if people are thinning out their clumps and putting some up for auction.
Thanks again everyone! [wavey]
Greg [angel] [gabby]

-  -
by peppereater on March 18, 2006 10:12 AM
Greg...I wouldn't be put off by the mail order places...as long as the price is worth a 50/50 risk...I have lots of stuff from cheapie catalogs.
However, I'd be glad to share some irises, and many of us would share, but I'll have to wait to see what colors are where...mine are all mixed up, and I do have lots of purple...but you could get lots for free or for postage alone right here! We're all family, after all! [thumb] [grin]

-
Dave
Even my growlights are getting restless!
by shezalady on March 22, 2006 11:09 PM
Buy from Breck's. They have quality bulbs, and you can buy anything, in any quantity.

http://www.brecks.com/Default.asp?bhcd2=1143040016
by mom54 on March 23, 2006 02:39 AM
Yes, I agree.....Brecks is very good when it comes to bulbs!!!

-
by Bestofour on March 23, 2006 08:42 AM
I saw some white iris' today. They are so beautiful when bunched together. My iris are blooming now and the white ones didn't bloom again. I've wondered if the cats dug them up right after I planted them because they've never done a thing and this yard is full of iris so I know it's a good place for them.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: