The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Jade Plants

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: Jade Plants| Next thread: jade plants »
Back to Thread index
by Wanda on September 11, 2004 10:37 PM
I have about 50 jade plants of various sizes. Over the last year or so, a number of them have become very weak and grow down over the sides of the pots rather than standing straight and tall. They are outside in bright light, and if anything I fear I do not water them enough. They grow well, just floppy and sideways rather than up! Please help; as you can imagine they are not very attractive this way. Thank You!!
by TomR on September 12, 2004 07:18 PM
You *may* be overwatering or they just may need to be pruned back due to being top heavy. How often do you water them? How tall are they? If top heavy you can prune them back anyplace.

Tom

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
by Wanda on September 14, 2004 12:56 AM
Thanks, Tom. Most of the ones that have "flopped" are about 18 - 24 inches tall. Stalks anywhere from 1 inch around to 3 inches. The leaves look good but the stalks just will not stand up. I water them about every 10 days or so, sometimes more like 14 days. I don't "think" they are top heavy as others of the same size are standing up just fine. I did notice as I was transplanting a couple of the floppy ones this weekend that there was very little root developement in the ones I was working on. (They were not root bound) Any suggestions on what I can do to encourage better root developement? Thanks again!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Jade Plants| Next thread: jade plants »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: