The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Little Flowers

Willy's Place » Wallpaper of the Day
« Prev thread: little flat bugs| Next thread: Little Red Dots »
Back to Thread index
by Bill on October 28, 2003 02:26 PM
Hosta Bloom
 -

Angel Wing Begonia Flowers
 -

Dianthus superbus
 -

[flower]

- 1&3 are Cedar Hill flowers!

-
by weezie13 on October 28, 2003 02:46 PM
Very Nice Bill!!!

What's the Halloween scene out your way??
Any carved pumpkins, or scarecrows, witches, goblins or ghosts, corn stalks, or bails of hay, or gourds, or or apples,or pumpkin pies or apple pies, or cherry pie or any kind of pie, uh,..er... got carried away with the pies..sorry!
Did I give you any ideas or exedrine moments??

[wayey] [grin]
[gabby] Weezie [gabby]

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Bill on October 28, 2003 03:13 PM
The pumpkin farm down in the valley always does a great job of decorating their place. The flood we had repositioned their pumpkins in the field, but they didn't lose any to the river!

If the forecast is correct, I will have a white Halloween this year..... They are saying that it will snow at my elevation tomorrow night! ick!

-
by weezie13 on October 28, 2003 03:21 PM
OMG!!!
My forcast believe it or not
for Halloween is 50's and 60's.
I am happy for the kids, usually
it's snowing and they are wearing
their winter boots and coats.
Will be nice for a change....

I am sorry to hear about that guys
pumpkins!!! But glad the river didn't eat them.

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Jiffymouse on October 28, 2003 04:48 PM
Bill, those are beautiful. My Gramma gave me a cutting of the angel wing begonia in september. it has finally grown roots. I can't wait until it looks like yours!
by catlover on October 28, 2003 05:29 PM
I just won an angel wing begonia at the garden club but..... is it still called the same thing because the leaves are not polka dotted? The flowers are the same. I divided it soooo now I have 3 plus I took another starter off and put in wet vermiculite and ta da roots! This gardening stuff is kinda fun. At least when it works!!!!! [Big Grin]
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by catlover on October 28, 2003 05:30 PM
Oh yeah what kind of hosta is that? [grin]
[kitty]

-
 -
 -
by PeppermintLily45 on October 28, 2003 05:30 PM
Bill you made my day again with those pretty flowers.... [clappy] [clappy] [clappy]
I enjoy looking at this web site since I dont' see any of this stuff in real in the great state of TX.... [Big Grin]

Tam [wayey]

-
 -
by Bill on October 28, 2003 05:53 PM
Hi Tam.....
I'm glad that I can brighten your day with my pictures!
......Not to be rude, but how can Texas be such a great state without beautiful trees and flowers to enjoy???
[devil]

-
by Bill on October 28, 2003 06:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by catlover:
I just won an angel wing begonia at the garden club but..... is it still called the same thing because the leaves are not polka dotted? The flowers are the same. I divided it soooo now I have 3 plus I took another starter off and put in wet vermiculite and ta da roots! This gardening stuff is kinda fun. At least when it works!!!!! [Big Grin]
[kitty]

There are a lot of different hybrid Angel Wings. Some with dots, some without..... the flower colors can vary also, but they are generally all in shades of pink and red.
Propagating is great fun... almost as addicting as succulents!
As to the variety of Hosta..... I don't remember which plant that was (I have lots of Hostas here), so I can't help you with it's identity! Sorrrrrry!!!

-
by loz on October 28, 2003 08:05 PM
Such wonderful vibrant pictures....no wonder I can't wait for spring to come again....I miss all of the pretty colors!
by njoynit on October 29, 2003 05:47 AM
my angelwing looks like that but when it blooms outdoors its flowers are darker.i just noticed a bloom today and is that same color a pale pink.mines Lucernia.i have another with same type leaves but smaller no dots have not seen bloom but might If i'd quit propagateing it.
did a cool stencil thing on a pumpkin its a vampire.it is neat
hope ya have some awesome halloween photos for us
i like that hosta bloom too....makes ya wonder what the plant looks like................ [wayey]

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: little flat bugs| Next thread: Little Red Dots »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: