The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Topiary Ideas

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Top-dressing| Next thread: Topping leggy plant »
Back to Thread index
by tkhooper on May 24, 2005 06:20 PM
While I was researching braiding/fusing plants, I ran across an article that suggested that purple passion is a good subject for indoor topiary.

Since I have a good sized purple passion that got me to thinking. Especially when it tried to pry the hook out of the wall that was supporting its pot. It can't continue the way it is going or it is going to take up the entire window ledge and I'm running out of space there as it is.

So can anyone think of what I might use to make an interesting shape for my topiary purple passion project?
by tkhooper on June 03, 2005 06:10 PM
I know what I want for this. I want a blue glazing ball and alittle wire for an invisible stand. That's purfect and it will go with the decor. Woohoo one project ready to go.
by Jiffymouse on June 06, 2005 04:26 AM
be sure you post a pic when the camera makes it back to you...
by tkhooper on June 06, 2005 06:05 AM
sure will Jiffymouse.
by tkhooper on June 09, 2005 05:36 PM
Woohoo I did it. It's not a glazing ball but a little cobalt blue vase sitting in the middle of the purple passion vines being held up by them. Or so it seems lol. I added a little water to the vase so the vines don't knock it out of the planter and so it can double as a humidifier. I love it when a plan comes together. Woohoo.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Top-dressing| Next thread: Topping leggy plant »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: