The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I didn't lose them

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by tkhooper on February 17, 2006 12:59 AM
Inspite of planting them in clay not nearly deep enough and not giving them enough water and then digging them up and tossing them in the compost pile they still came up. What am I talking about you ask. And well you should, I'm talking about the tulips I bought from Brecks last year. I don't remember the exact types but of the five I abused lately I now have about 8 sprouts and I am so please. I'm going to have to look through last years posts and see what type they were and add them to my 2006 garden plan. I can't believe they survived but they did. YAHOO!!!

-
 -
by Bestofour on February 17, 2006 09:21 AM
Are they coming up in the compost pile?

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by tkhooper on February 17, 2006 12:12 PM
No, I used the compost to bring my lower tier level with the brick work on the retaining wall.

-
 -
by tkhooper on February 17, 2006 09:45 PM
Well I found the name of them. They are yellow dawn tulips. I'm so please that they managed to survive my abuse.

-
 -
by MRS.D on February 18, 2006 09:24 AM
HOOP....

really pleased for u!! [Wink] [flower]

isnt it lovely when things like that surprise you!!

it makes it all worth while dont u think

anyway...well done [clappy]

take care

Mrs.D.
[wavey]
by tkhooper on February 18, 2006 09:09 PM
Thanks Mrs D.

It's great that they survived. And it also tells me to give bulbs more credit next time. Of course now, I know to prep the soil before I buy plants for it lol.

-
 -

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: