The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

well water pressure tank

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by washingtonnewbi on June 13, 2006 08:51 AM
hey al. back to bother you for another season haha

I have been working to get my well water up and running for irrigation, had the pump rebuilt, patched a hole in tank ect. I can get water (and good pressure) if i run my hose straight from the pump, but the pump runs constantly. If I hook up the tank to the pump so the pump regulates the pressure, I get no pressure in my hose.

The tank is very very old, and its not one of the bladder tanks I've been reading alot about. If its supposed to be precharged, I cant see how as there are 2 openings that are not airtight unless connected to pump.

If anyone has any ideas it would be apprecited, would hate to burn out my pump and have to pay for city water. Oh and, with the tank connected, the pump runs it up to about 50-55 psi and cuts off till it drops to aout 30psi. but water is just coming out with barely any pressure.

Sorry for the lenghty post...
by johnCT on June 14, 2006 08:07 AM
I'm not sure I understand exactly what your question is......? Without a bladder-type tank, which I have on my domestic water supply, there really can't be any continued amounts of pressure with the spigot open.

John - Zone 6
by Longy on June 17, 2006 08:26 AM
I'm with John here newbie. Your post leaves me a little confused as to what you are asking. Got any fotos of the pump/tank setup?

-
The secret is the soil.

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: