The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Purple deadnettle

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
by letsgab on April 28, 2006 05:08 AM
I am sooo frustrated....last year I noticed a small patch of purple deadnettle along the side of my house....I pulled it out and got rid of it. This year....WOW.....it's all over the place. In the yard, the whole length of the house....it's EVERYWHERE!!! How do I get rid of this stuff??? I don't think I can spray it because it's all around my plants that I have in the ground and want to keep. HELP!!!!

Remember....any day above ground is a good day!!
by johnCT on April 28, 2006 05:19 AM
Its a winter annual, so get rid of it before it goes to seed or you'll be dealing with it again next year. Hand pulling is an option. Weed-b-gon will control it if you can spray carefully.

John - Zone 6
by joclyn on April 28, 2006 07:50 AM
ahh, thanks john!!!

i didn't do anything with it last year or the year before and it's really taken a hold of my yard!!

it's already dying off and i mowed some of it, so i'm sure i spread seeds...looks like i'm going to have some 'fun' next year yanking all of it up!!
by letsgab on April 29, 2006 12:02 AM
Thank you John....I spent pretty much all last evening yanking this stuff out...it wouldn't be so bad it the stuff wouldn't spread so bad. Thank again for the tip!!!

Remember....any day above ground is a good day!!

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: