The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Funnel Cakes

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Funky Trees| Next thread: Funny story »
Back to Thread index
by Carol5270 on October 28, 2004 05:22 AM
Hey, Catlover  -
Here is the recipe that you requested:
Funnel Cake - makes 16 medium
3 eggs
2 cups milk
¼ cup sugar
3 to 4 cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
Beat eggs and add sugar and milk. Sift half the flour and salt and baking powder together and add egg mixture. Beat the batter smooth and add only as much more flour as needed. Batter should be thin enough to run through a funnel. Drop from funnel into deep fat (375º) Turn to brown on second side. Place on paper towel to drain for just a minute. Top and serve hot.
I use a large iron skillet. If you don't have a funnel-type pitcher, you can use a regular pitcher with some practice.
Top with powdered sugar, pie filling, whatever your little heart desires.
Enjoy.
 -

-
 -
Gardeners know the best dirt.
by catlover on October 28, 2004 08:31 AM
Thank you very much! [kissies]

Have got to try this recipe as soon as I get all the ingredients. [thumb]

I bet the flops are going to be good too! [grin] ....and you know I will HAVE to test each one for perfection!!! [lala]

Mind trap game...If Catlover takes 3 bites out of 5 cakes to test...(it takes that many bites to figure out what went wrong)....then takes 2 bites out of 2 more...(only 2 bites now because she is starting to catch on to the mistake) then eats the perfect one...how sick will Catlover be? [dunno] and how many times will she have to try making this recipe before attempting to make for everyone at Christmas? [grin]

Really Carol....thank you very much....have fun with the grandkids! [Love]
Catlover [kitty]

-
 -
 -
by Jiffymouse on October 29, 2004 01:35 AM
thanks carol, my family loves them... and i lost my recipe! glad to have you back, and what a way to come back!!! [kissies]

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Funky Trees| Next thread: Funny story »
Back to Thread index