The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Fescue invading my Bermuda

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Fertilizing Seedlings| Next thread: fesque lawn dying#1now »
Back to Thread index
by robdds on March 25, 2006 05:40 AM
My front yard is bermuda grass and my back is fescue. This winter was very mild for us and now my front yard has bermuda grass (still dormant) and now huge patches and areas of fescue that have sprung up and are growing like crazy. Is there anyway to kill the fescue and not harm the bermuda or anyway to get rid of the fescue as it seems to be taking over my front lawn? Thanks!
by patches1414 on March 25, 2006 01:46 PM
Hey robdds, wanna trade? You send me your fescue grass and I'll send you all of my bermuda grass, if I could get it up! I have bermuda grass coming over from my neighbor's yard and it's invading my landscaped areas, lawn, and flower beds! [tears] It's sprouting up everywhere! [tears] [Frown]

patches [kitty]

-
 -
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"
by johnCT on March 27, 2006 08:46 PM
You would need to spray the fescue with a non-selective herbicide like round-up while the bermuda is dormant. Are you sure its fescue? If it is fescue that you're witnessing, it had to start by seed. Most likely spread by the mower.

John - Zone 6

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Fertilizing Seedlings| Next thread: fesque lawn dying#1now »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: