The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

What To Do ??

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
Pages: 1 2
by dragonfly on March 21, 2005 11:32 PM
Hiya Folks, [wayey]
i don't know why i do this to myself but it never fails ...lol I have battled with contaminated ground and i am now battling with acdic soil. My question is can i grow irish moss under spruce and pine trees,i am trying to put a durrable plant around my pond so when i have to work with the pond i won't do any damage to the ground cover (irish moss )and also will the irish moss overpower grass or should i use some kind of chemical to kill of the grass (keep in mind that i have 3 dogs)if there is no safe chemical is there another way of killing unwanted grass?? [dunno]
by sachis2112 on March 22, 2005 12:41 AM
Most RoundUp can be used and then watered off within two hours after. So, if you spray the grass and keep the critters out of the area for 2 hours, then hose it all down, it should still do the trick. Next time you're at the nursery, take a look at a RoundUp bottle and read the instructions. See if it'll work for you.

-
by tkhooper on March 22, 2005 01:42 AM
I've read on here that layered composing and using chicken poo will kill off grass/weeds but I've never done it. Tried to find the post that had a really good discription but of course I couldn't find it. I've tried roundup but the grass was back in a week so I have given up on that. The other kind that keeps it away for a year also keeps anything else from growing so that's out since you want to plant there.

Here is one post on composting but it's not the one I was originally looking for.

compost

-
 -
by tkhooper on March 22, 2005 02:46 PM
I found it!!!!!!!

Longy did a great job with this

Longy really helped me with this. I have a steep inclide that I want to garden and the grass pulling was back breaking.

-
 -
by dragonfly on March 23, 2005 02:51 AM
[kissies] Thank u tkhooper,Sachis for your reply, the information that you have given me was just what i was looking for. [thumb]

Active Garden Forum