The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

I'm Baaaaaccckkkk!

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: I'm an Auntie| Next thread: I'm bad.. »
Back to Thread index
by rozy221 on March 15, 2005 07:35 AM
Hi all! Got home yesterday-only had 1 near-fatality-that was my impatiens plant-I saved some cuttings from last year, and they grew quite nicely-they were starting to get kind of leggy anyway, but now they've lost a lot of leaves and don't look too good. Had a great time at the flower show-saw lots of really nice stuff and was even able to ID a couple of things I have growing in my yard. I found out how to take pics on my video camara and load them onto my pc, so now I'll have lots of pics-plan to photograph each plant I have so I can see it's progress. But anyway, here are the pics I took-http://photobucket.com/albums/y23/rozy221/Flower%20Show/-there was so much to see-it was incredible. I also picked up a great looking mother of millions plant. It's in full bloom, but I'm really saddened to read that it will most likely die off once it's done flowering-can anyone tell me more about how to care for this plant and what to expect from it? I haven't been able to find much info on it as a houseplant-just as a noxious weed in Australia.

-
 -
 -
by rozy221 on March 15, 2005 07:37 AM
hmmm....the link to the flower show didn't seem to work-let's try this again: http://photobucket.com/albums/y23/rozy221/Flower%20Show/
by Amy R. on March 15, 2005 07:46 AM
Welcome back rozy!!!
I don't know diddly squat about mother of millions, but the plant is lovely, and I hope someone can steer you in the right direction. Don't believe everything you hear, that would be my advice, so perhaps it will last past the blooming period.
Thanks for sharing the pics, those were a great treat! There were some gorgeous displays and I am so jealous that you were surrounded by such beauty. We have a flower show going on at the moment, and I am am inspired to go now! [flower]
by rozy221 on March 15, 2005 03:46 PM
Oh Amy! If you have the chance, you should definately go to the flower show! It was great! The one I went to, in Boston, was $20, but there was sooo much to see-I got lost a couple of times-they had several demonstrations-it was a little hard for me-I had my 3yr old & 17mo old sons. The little one was pretty good, but the older one, the gardener-in-the-making, started freaking out cuz he wanted to dig! It was snowing out, quite hard, while we were there-it was a nice escape-definately worth the $20!
by weezie13 on March 19, 2005 11:52 PM
I always thought those plants died after flowering.

And sometimes, there's so many babies, you
don't really miss the mommie, eventually if you save enough of the babies in enough of the squences', you should have a momma almost every year blooming, if you kept keeping the babies that sprout!!! [perplexed] [flower]

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by rozy221 on March 20, 2005 07:29 AM
hmmmm....so is it ok to leave all the babies where they are, or should I try to transplant them separately?
by Longy on March 20, 2005 03:30 PM
I haven't been able to find much info on it as a houseplant-just as a noxious weed in Australia.
+++++++++++++++
You got that right Rozy. If you do manage to kill it and all the younguns too i'd be delighted to know just what you did as would thousands of other people in Oz:)

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: I'm an Auntie| Next thread: I'm bad.. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: