The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Flytrap newbie

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: Flying pests| Next thread: flytraps from cuttings? »
Back to Thread index
by Unexpected on March 16, 2005 07:30 PM
Hello there. I'm a flytrap newbie from London (at the Moment) Russian though. Anyway, I just got my first flytrap and I want it to do really well. I understand that the pot cannot be submerged in water so I have to fix it so that it barely touches the water. Any ideas on how I can do that? Another thing, can I use water like "Vitel" for watering? Or can I use boiled (and cooled of cause) water? Please help me. I want to be good to my plant and give it all it wants when it wants it [Smile]
by weezie13 on March 16, 2005 08:49 PM
Unexpected,
Her'es a couple of posts and info for you to read.

Venus Flytrap

poorman's terrarium

Need help with my Venus Fly-Trap

Here's some of Bill's info on the main pages of The Garden Helper...
The Venus Fly Trap

And if you're in the house plant section,
there will be other's coming thru, Will Creed, AmyR, Cricket and Nako and others that can help
on those plants alot better!!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Unexpected on March 16, 2005 09:16 PM
I will not be able to set up a terarrium till next thurs. [Frown] Is it ok for my little one? Can it wait that long? My room has a constant temperature of 21 C. And I try to put in in the shower room for a while after I use it (for himidity etc) I hope it can make it till next thurs, fri.

How big does it have to be btw? (the terratium) how many litries. can I keep it in the pot in there or would it be better to put it directly in. I think it would be easier to control the saturation of the moss this way.
by Unexpected on March 16, 2005 11:25 PM
Mkay, I'm keeping the plant in the warmest (i think) place in my room and got some deionised water for it too. It's as good as destilled, isn't it?

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Flying pests| Next thread: flytraps from cuttings? »
Back to Thread index