The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Crock Pot Recipes?

Willy's Place » Members Favorite Recipes
« Prev thread: Crock Pot Recipes?| Next thread: Crock-Pot Beef and Broccoli »
Back to Thread index
Pages: 1 2
by afgreyparrot on April 12, 2004 02:30 AM
Anyone got any good crock pot recipes?

I like loading the crock pot in the morning and forgetting about it until it's time for supper...
then, PRESTO!!! You come in from working in the garden and supper is ready! My usual is a roast, potatoes, carrots with a can of golden mushroom soup poured over it, and let it cook all day. I'd like something different every now and then, though! Appreciate any recipes you have.

-
 -
 -
Buckle up! It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car!
by HarleyGal on April 12, 2004 03:45 AM
Here's a really easy soup recipe that everyone seems to like.

Salsa Soup

1 22 oz jar chunky salsa-mild, medium or hot
2 15 oz cans whole kernal corn
2 15 oz cans pinto beans
1 12.5 oz can chicken breast chunks

Do not drain anything! Put all ingredients in a 6 quart crock pot and stir together(ingedients may be halved for a smaller crock pot). Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours. Serve with shredded cheese on top of each serving.

This is good with corn bread! Left overs are good over a baked potatoe.

-
If your ship hasn't come in, swim out to it!
by afgreyparrot on April 12, 2004 04:50 AM
Oh, yeah!!!
That is TOO easy!!! It sounds delicious!
Thank you!!!
This is what I want...BRING IT ON!!!

-
 -
 -
by HarleyGal on April 12, 2004 02:57 PM
Don't get me started! I love to cook and share recipes! [grin]

Kielbasa and Potatoes

4 or 5 large peeled potatoes, cut into large chunks
1 kielbasa cut into 1 inch pieces
1 16 oz bag frozen green beans
1/2 cup water

Put potatoes in bottom of crock pot. Add kielbasa and green beans (do not thaw). Pour water over all. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. The potatoes and beans absorb the flavor of the kielbasa and it's so yummy!

Add a tossed salad and some rolls and dinner is served! [thumb]

-
by HarleyGal on April 12, 2004 03:06 PM
How about a quick dessert to go with those crock pot recipes?

Chocolate Cherry Cake

1 devils food cake mix
3 eggs
1 can cherry pie filling

Dump dry cake mix into bowl. Add 3 eggs. Add cherry pie filling. Mix gently by hand until well blended. Pour into greased 9X11 pan. Bake at 350* for 35 to 40 minutes or until middle springs back when lightly touched with finger. That's all, honest!
Serve with cool whip for an extra treat or eat plain like a brownie.

-
by hisgal2 on April 13, 2004 04:26 AM
I like to make chili in the crock. I fry green peppers and onions up in a large skillet until they are transparent, then I add ground beef...usually about 2 pounds or so. When that is all cooked up, I throw that into the crock. Then I add a jar of medium Tostitos salsa, a can of crushed tomatoes, a can of tomato puree (or I just get a can of plum tomatoes and puree them in the Cuisenart). I add a can of water and then some BBQ sauce. And then a bunch of chili powder.....about 1/4 cup. Most of the stuff I add doesn't have a measurment, I just kind of taste it as I go. Then I just set the crock on the 6 or 8 hour setting (I have a Rival and it adjusts it's temperature to how long you want it to cook....I guess the 8 hour is the lowest heat setting and the 6 hour is a med-low setting). I usually serve the chili with hard crust rolls or bread bowls. It doesn't take long to cook all of the stuff and if you wanted to, you could fry everything up and refrigerate it until the next morning. I have a 6 quart crock and it fills the entire thing up, so you'd have to adjust the quantities for a smaller crock. And it freezes wonderfully. [grin] [thumb]

-
 -

-
by Chrissy on April 13, 2004 05:00 AM
Crock-Pot Broccoli Rice and Chicken

2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut in strips
1 1/4 cups uncooked converted rice
1 package Knorr's Cream of Broccoli Soup Mix
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
pepper, to taste

Place rice in a lightly greased slow cooker/Crock Pot. Sprinkle with parsley and pepper. Top with chicken pieces. Mix together the soup mix and broth. Pour over chicken and rice. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 13, 2004 05:04 AM
Crock-Pot Meatloaf

2 pounds hamburger
2 eggs
2 slices bread, in small cubes or 3/4 cup crushed crackers
Milk
Ketchup
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, chopped

Beat eggs - add bread cubes/crackers. Add enough milk to moisten. Add hamburger....squeeze all ingredients together with your hands. Season to taste. Place in slow cooker/Crock Pot....shape to fit, flatten. Pour catsup on top (enough to cover completely)(my husband & kids like it with sweet & sour sauce instead of the catsup). Cook on low all day 8 - 12 hours.

-
 -
z5b
by afgreyparrot on April 13, 2004 07:09 AM
YES!!!

Today I went grocery shopping, which I hate to do because I can't stand to leave the house. I bought the kielbasa, and the stuff for the salsa soup. Then I get home and there are more recipes for me!!! I already have the stuff for the meatloaf and chili. I will never turn my oven on again! (I had heard you could make meatloaf in a crock pot, but hadn't actually talked to anyone who had tried it.)

Just so you know, I am going to try every recipe that ends up here.
(Unless, of course, someone tries to be a smart a** and puts a recipe for p**p soup just so I'll make it!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] )

-
 -
 -
by Chrissy on April 13, 2004 01:45 PM
I love crock-pot recipes too & I have a huge book full of them...I think I have even tried all of them too:) I hate having to rush indoors from the garden & make dinner right when I am in the middle of working on something. My husband gets so mad when he gets home from work & I haven't made a "good" meal. He refuses to eat sandwiches & chips or any throw together in minutes meals. So my crock-pot gets LOTS of use lol:) Makes him think I have slaved all day over his delicious dinner & I get to stay in the garden as long as I like;) Here's one of my favorites:

CROCK POT POTATO SOUP

5-6 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 onion, chopped
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 tbs. parsley flakes
5 c. water
1 tbs. salt
Pepper
1/4-1/3 c. butter
1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk

Put all ingredients in crock-pot except for the evaporated milk. Cook on HIGH for about 8 hours or until potatoes are tender. Check every couple of hours. During last hour turn down to LOW add milk. Leave on LOW or turn OFF until ready to serve. I like to add dumplings to mine right at the end too.

Easy dumplings:

2 cups Jiffy Buttermilk Biscuit Mix
2/3 cup milk

Mix together biscuit mix and milk, stirring to absorb all dry mixture. Drop large spoonfuls onto top of hot soup. Work quickly until all the dumplings are in the pot in a single layer. Cover tightly and immediately reduce the heat to LOW. Do NOT open the lid for 15 minutes. Serve immediately

-
 -
z5b
by afgreyparrot on April 13, 2004 05:30 PM
I make potato soup a lot, never even thought about making it in the crock pot! Never thought about adding dumplings. That sounds delicious! (Sometimes I add a can of baby clams and *PRESTO*! Clam chowder!)
From now on potato soup will be from the crock pot! That's an extra hour and a half in the garden!

-
 -
 -
by Chrissy on April 14, 2004 02:26 PM
CROCK-POT BAVARIAN POT ROAST

3 to 4 lbs pot roast
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
3 whole cloves
4 medium apples -- cored and quartered
1 small onion -- sliced
1/2 cup apple juice or water
3 tablespoons flour (up to 4 tbs.)
3 tablespoons water (up to 4 tbs.)

Rinse roast and trim off excess fat. Lightly rub top of meat with oil. Dust with salt, pepper, and ginger. Insert cloves in roast. Place apples and onions in Crock-Pot and top with roast (cut roast in half, if necessary to fit in crock). Pour in apple juice. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Remove roast and apples to serving dish. Turn Crock-Pot to High setting. Make a smooth paste of the flour and water; stir into Crock-Pot. Cover and cook until thickend for gravy.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 14, 2004 02:28 PM
(These are delicious)

CROCK-POT CABBAGE ROLLS

12 large cabbage leaves
1 pound lean ground beef or lamb
1/2 cup cooked rice
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. leaf thyme
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Wash cabbage leaves. Boil 4 cups water. Turn off heat. Soak leaves in water for 5 minutes. Remove, drain and cool. Combine ground meat; rice, salt, pepper, thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon. Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture on each leaf and roll firmly. Stack in electric slow cooker. Combine tomato paste and water; pour over stuffed cabbage. Cover. Cook on low setting for 8-10 hours.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 14, 2004 02:30 PM
CROCK-POT BARBEQUE CHICKEN

1 frying chicken , cut up
1 can tomato soup, condensed
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. sweet basil
1/4 tsp. thyme

Place chicken in crock-pot. Combine all other ingredients and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

My daughter says this one is her favorite:)

-
 -
z5b
by shamarian on April 20, 2004 05:14 PM
I love my crock pot too, its almost a life saver with my crazy hours. I bought a couple of crockpot recipe books that I just love and everything I've tried have come out really good. So whatever meat I have thawed, I just look up different recipes to use. So if your looking for more specific recipes, let me know and I'll look in one of my books and get a recipe back to you.

I am old, and repotting wont help!
by afgreyparrot on April 20, 2004 06:05 PM
Thanks, shamarian. I'll remember that! I have some crock pot recipes and cookbooks, but they have been in storage for a few years, due to divorce and the moving that goes along with that! Doubt if I'll see them anytime soon, since I move in and out of Andy's house about twice a year, so it's a lot easier to just keep everything packed up all the time. (Not much of a life when your things are always packed up. Maybe that's why I stay in the yard all the time...it eases stress!)
I've tried several of the recipes I've gotten here already. Today I was going to make the meatloaf, but I gave the hamburger to my daughter yesterday so she wouldn't have to stop at the store on her way home from working all day. So, today it's the salsa soup!!!

-
 -
 -
by afgreyparrot on April 21, 2004 07:23 AM
HarleyGal...
That Salsa Soup ROCKED!!!

I ended up with unexpected company tonight, and everyone loved it!

Everyone should try this one. It literally took me less than one minute to open and dump the cans of stuff into the crock pot, and then I just forgot about it all day. Delicious!!!
TOO EASY!!! [thumb]

-
 -
 -
by shamarian on April 23, 2004 06:43 AM
Cindy, I forgot to tell you about this site I found that sends me new crock recipes and healthful living tips twice a week, might wanna check it out, ChetDays DayZines.com. I'm not certain of the exact address, just do a search. Just a little bitty sight but good recipes, real varied.

I am old, and repotting wont help!
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 03:02 AM
Crock-Pot Hungarian Goulash

Ingredients:
2 pounds round steak - cut 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup onion - chopped
1 clove garlic - minced
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
1 14.5 oz can tomatoes
1 cup sour cream

Directions:
Put steak cubes, onion, garlic in crock-pot. Stir in flour and mix to coat steak. Add all remaining ingredients except sour cream. Stir well and cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Add sour cream 30 minutes before serving and stir thoroughly. Serve over hot buttered noodles.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 03:07 AM
Cowboy Crockpot Stew

Ingredients:
1 sm pkg stew meat
1 pkg sausage or keilbasa
1 med onion chopped
3 med potatoes chopped
1 can baked beans of your choice

Directions:
Place the ingredients into crockpot in the order shown. Cover and cook 4 hrs on high or 8 hrs on low.

Serve with cornbread or rolls.

Prep time: 10 minutes

Serves 6 to 8.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 03:11 AM
Crock Pot Italian Beef

*makes great next day sandwiches too especially served on Italian bread*

Ingredients:
1 Rump roast 3-5 lbs
1 pkg Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix
1 c water
1 pkg au jus gravy packet
2 tsps Italian seasoning
6 pepperocini peppers

Directions:
Mix together water, gravy mix, dressing and Italian seasoning. Pour over roast in crock-pot. Add peppers, if desired.

Cook on LOW about 3 hours. Break up roast and cook 1 hour more on HIGH.

-
 -
z5b
by afgreyparrot on April 24, 2004 05:23 AM
Thanks so much for all these recipes. Ever since I posted this I have cooked supper every night in the crock pot! I wasn't kidding when I said I would try them all, and it is so nice to have a different meal every night, instead of the usual "some kind of meat" and mashed potatoes! (Andy is VERY thankful!)
I have been under the weather, so to speak, for a week or so and haven't felt much like standing at the stove for hours cooking, so these couldn't have come at a better time for me.
Thank you all so much, and keep 'em comin'!

-
 -
 -
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 07:54 AM
Chinese Crockpot Dinner
1 1/2 lb. pork steak (cut into 1/2" strips)
1 lg. onion, sliced
1 sm. green pepper, sliced
8 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
4 carrots, sliced
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Brown pork strips in small amount of oil in skillet. Remove & strain excess fat. Place all ingredients with pork in crockpot and cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve with rice.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 07:57 AM
Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas

1 lg. can enchilada sauce
4 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 small can sliced black olives
2 dozen corn tortillas
1 chopped onion
1 pkg. sharp Cheddar cheese, grated

Cook (boil) chicken and shred. Mix soup, olives and onions. Cut tortillas in wedges. Layer crock-pot with sauce, tortillas, soup mix, chicken and cheese all the way to top, ending with cheese on top. Cook on low for 8 hours.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 07:59 AM
Hamburger & Potato Pot

1 1/2 lb. hamburg
1 lg. clove garlic
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. thyme
6 med. potatoes
2 lg. onions
1 can mushroom soup (10 3/4 oz.)
1/2 c. water

Cook beef and garlic in skillet until lightly browned. Stir in pepper and thyme. Peel and slice potatoes and onions. Put 1/2 potatoes and onions into buttered crockpot. Add browned beef and top with remaining potatoes and onions. Mix mushroom soup with water and spread over top of contents. Cover. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 08:00 AM
Crock-Pot Lasagna

1 box rigatoni, cooked
1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck, browned & drained
1 lg. pkg. sliced pepperoni
1 green pepper, chopped
2 lg. pkgs. Mozzarella cheese
2 lg. cans pizza sauce
1 med. onion, chopped
2 lg. cans mushrooms
Green olives, sliced

Begin with layer of sauce on bottom of crock-pot. Stir all remaining ingredients together. Place in crock-pot and cook on low for 5 hours.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 08:01 AM
Brandy Meatballs

2 lbs. ground beef
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 egg
1/4 c. cracker crumbs
1/3 c. brandy
1/2 c. ketchup
1 tbsp. dried onion
1 c. barbecue sauce
1/2 c. water

Mix the first 4 ingredients and make into meatballs. Brown. Put into crock-pot. Mix together the last 5 ingredients and pour over meatballs and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 08:05 AM
Crock-Pot Stuffed Green Peppers

6 med. to lg. peppers
1 1/2 lb. ground chuck
1 med. onion
1 (16 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (16 oz.) can whole tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
Minute rice (2 servings), make according to directions on box

Clean the inside of peppers and cut off tops. Mix ground chuck, onion, whole tomatoes drained & squeezed into the ground chuck, pepper, and seasonings of your choice and rice (made according to the directions on the box). Put ground chuck mixture into raw peppers, now place these peppers into your crock-pot. Mix the can of tomato sauce and your sour cream together, now pour this mixture over the stuffed peppers. Put crock-pot on high and cook for about 5 to 6 hours on high or on low 8 to 9 hours.

-
 -
z5b
by Chrissy on April 24, 2004 08:07 AM
Crock-Pot Reuben Casserole

1 (8 oz.) pkg. noodles, cooked
1 can corned beef
3 1/2 c. sauerkraut
6 slices American cheese
16 oz. sour cream
1 (10 1/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
6 slices Swiss cheese

In a buttered quart crockpot, layer half the noodles, half the meat, all the sauerkraut, all the American cheese. Mix the sour cream and the chicken soup together and layer half of the soup mixture. Then layer the rest of the noodles, meat, soup mixture and then lastly the Swiss cheese. Cook on high for 2 hours, so that it bubbles well. Turn down to low for 1 or 2 hours. Stir before serving.

-
 -
z5b
by afgreyparrot on April 26, 2004 01:07 AM
Wow, Chrissy! Don't you ever sleep???
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

-
 -
 -
by Chrissy on April 26, 2004 03:34 AM
These days...rarely. I nap when my kids are at school...but basically I have been keeping a pretty tight eye on my troublesome daughter & therefore I have nothing better to do than tend my seedlings at night or fill this page with recipes & play games lol [Big Grin]

-
 -
z5b
by afgreyparrot on April 26, 2004 03:37 PM
If you like jigsaw puzzles, here's a great place. They let you upload your own photos and make jigsaw puzzles out of them to work on the computer!
Jig Saw Puzzles!

I make simple 6 piece puzzles from pictures of Andy and Brennan on the backhoe or dozer, then send them to Brennan to work. He likes them because he and Pappy are in the picture!

-
 -
 -
by Renee on April 26, 2004 04:52 PM
This one I made up but everyone loves it!!
1 whole chicken cut up ( or just breast or what ever you like)
2 boxes of rice a roni red beans and rice
4-6 hot italian sausage ( or what ever you have) cut up into chunks
2 green pepers
1 med onion
I put the rice a roni and all it's ingrediants water, butter ect right into the crock
stir in peppers and onions diced up as well as the sausage cubes, chunks
lay the chicken over top, I layer it and I sprinkle with cajun spice on the skin for extra flavor.
Just leave it for about 3 hours, till temp on chicken is (?180?_)I usually don't puor the sauce over the chicken cuz I like the spice to stay on the skin.

I also do whole chicken too
1 whole chicken
I stuff it with sausage, chopped onion and a chopped orange
I then cover it with butter and an orange glaze. You can find it in the oriental section of grocery or just use orange concentrate (no water) and honey. enough to cover th echicken and give you a half inch or so in the bottmom to keep it moist and juicy. I serve it with plain rice and butter but I also am a big fan of noodles, so what ever sid eyou like!

It's funny, i will just go through my cabinents and throw stuff in, while thinking ......uuummm this would be good!!!
Hope ya like em!!!! I Do! [grin]
by afgreyparrot on April 26, 2004 05:03 PM
Wow! That is strange...I have a thawed out chicken I was going to make yesterday, but Andy wanted something else. So, I HAVE to make it today! I have all the stuff for the chicken with the orange glaze!!!! COOL!!! Thank you!

-
 -
 -
by Renee on April 26, 2004 09:14 PM
Lemme know what you think, the glaze really helps to keep it juicy! Darnit now that I have been talkin about it , i'm goning to have to make it too!!!!! okay, going to the store! [grin]
by Barb H. on April 26, 2004 10:19 PM
Ohmigoodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are the BEST!!! I am going to try each of these out! They all sound like they are delish!!!!

I get so tired of being the *fry cook* of the family...making dinner, only to have to make everyone something else because usually two or more children won't eat what I've made. I am going to start crock pottin' and if they don't eat it, tough toenails!!

Barb H.

-
by Renee on April 26, 2004 10:55 PM
It's funny that you said that because my mom always said, if u r hungry, you'll eat. So we learned we had to eat, there was no other option. Unless of course your kids have allergies, but that is something entirely different. The only thing I was allowed to leave on the plate was fat, off of meat. I still depise fat!!!!! yucky ca-ca!!!!!!
I hope you like the ones I put up , I've alraedy printed the ones Crissy posted, I don't have much time in the yard after work, so every minute counts. Even if it's a half an hour to prepare something, there are so many other things I'd rather do with tha [grin] t half hour!
by Barb H. on April 28, 2004 03:51 AM
Renee,

Yes, i made sure to print every single recipe and am going to try them all. My kids are allergic only to the thought of eating something other than pb&j, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, frenchfries and pancakes. Oh...and hotdogs and occasionally a piece of pizza. That's it....that's all they will eat...no fruit, no vegtables, just what i've listed.

So, I've got to do something, anything to get them to broaden their horizons.....and trick them into finding a *venchtable* that they will eat!!!

Barb

-
by moondance on April 28, 2004 03:52 PM
This is is my familys favorite

.Rack of spareribs cut up into ribs
Big can of tomatoe sauce
Peel of an orange
Two cans of beef broth
One can of red wine-obviously use one of the broth cans
One can of orange juice
One bay leave
Just dump this all in and let it go - about an hour before done add a package of baby carrots

I serve this both with rice or mashed potaotes. So good [wayey]
by afgreyparrot on April 30, 2004 04:16 PM
Wish I'd had that spare rib recipe a few weeks ago. My dad gave me a HUGE "rack of ribs". I had no idea what to do with it. It looked really intimidating to me, but I just cut it up, stuck it in one of those Reynold's bags, dumped some bar-b-q sauce over it and cooked it.

You wouldn't believe how many of these recipes I've cooked so far. That chicken with the orange glaze was delicious! Everything I've made from these recipes is delicious! Today it's one of Chrissy's stews.

-
 -
 -
by Bestofour on May 02, 2004 08:50 PM
Does anyone have the recipe for crockpot macaroni and cheese. I've eaten it before and it's great.

By the way. What a wonderful thread.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by afgreyparrot on May 02, 2004 08:52 PM
I hope someone does! Yum!!!

-
 -
 -
by weezie13 on May 02, 2004 10:09 PM
I 3rd that!!!!

Weezie

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Chrissy on May 03, 2004 02:07 AM
I grabbed this one off the web a last year & its the one I use, I love the onions & garlic in it [grin]

Busy Cooks Crock-pot Macaroni and Cheese

2 eggs
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 lb. elbow macaroni
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. onion powder(fresh onion minced optional)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder

Spray the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat eggs with the fresh and evaporated milks. Stir in UNCOOKED macaroni and all of the shredded Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper, and onion and garlic powders; mix well. Pour into 4 quart crockpot. Cover cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Do NOT stir or remove the lid while this dish is cooking. Serves 4-6

-
 -
z5b
by afgreyparrot on May 03, 2004 02:24 AM
[clappy] Oh, yeah!!! [clappy]

-
 -
 -
by weezie13 on May 03, 2004 02:40 AM
Chrissy,
Have you ever made it without the onion powder or garlic powder??

Weezie

Just curious???????

Weezie

Don't forget to be kind to strangers. For some who have
done this have entertained angels without realizing it.
- Bible - Hebrews 13:2

-
 -
 -

http://photobucket.com/albums/y250/weezie13/
by Chrissy on May 03, 2004 10:34 PM
Yes I have made it without & it is still good...my 2 youngest daughters hate garlic & onion. I have also added cubed ham for something a little different & also hamburger for a change of pace. But it tastes just fine without the garlic & onion:)

-
 -
z5b
by Bestofour on May 04, 2004 03:26 AM
My recipe is pretty much the same with the exception of the onion and garlic.

-
 -
 - http://www.picturetrail.com/bestofour  -
by catlover on May 29, 2004 08:29 PM
HELP
New user to crockpot! When you all say put on slow cook or cook on low for several hours...what temp is that exactly...mine reads simmer then 200 degrees up to 400 for the deep fat fryer part!

I just put a roast and potatoes in and set it on simmer...what temp should it be set at and for how long??? [dunno] Can cook for 5 or 6 hours is okay with me!!!
Catlover [Roll Eyes]

-
 -
 -
by afgreyparrot on May 29, 2004 09:29 PM
You must have one of them thar newfangled crock pots!
I've had mine for 20 years!
It's real simple..."LOW" and "HIGH"!!!

-
 -
 -

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Crock Pot Recipes?| Next thread: Crock-Pot Beef and Broccoli »
Back to Thread index