The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Crystal like growths on indoor citrus tree?

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
« Prev thread: cryptanthus| Next thread: Cuc Question »
Back to Thread index
by Bunz on June 01, 2004 08:20 PM
I have a 5 years old Citrus tree that I have been nurturing indoors. Recently it developed these clear globs of sap looking deposits on the stem areas only. The tree appears to be thriving despite this but I am concrened about my baby anyway. Does anyone know what this good be? Should I be worried?
by lizheaemma on June 02, 2004 02:16 AM
the drops sound like they might be honey dew which is caused be a bug called scale...

scale

If that is what is causing the problem let me know and I can make some suggestions or I'm sure that Will Creed will be around and he has tones of great idea's!

Hope that that help!
Ali
by Will Creed on June 06, 2004 04:21 AM
Unlike many oher plants, Citrus tres often ooze tiny balls of sap on the undersides of leaves. They are harmless.

However, they may also be a sign of scale insects. With scale there is usually some stickiness on the tops of some leaves and underneath the tree. In addition, if you look very carefully on the leaves you will see small raised ovals that are either dark brown or translucent in color.

If you suspect scale, let me know and I will provide treatment options.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: cryptanthus| Next thread: Cuc Question »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: