The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

drooping peace lily

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
by jooliea on February 07, 2005 06:43 AM
I've had a peace lily that has seemed very healthy for the past 7 months, then all of the sudden it is very droopy. I don't know why it's doing this, but all of leaves are still a very dark green color. I've watered it 3 times in the last week and after each watering it perks right back up, but is drooping again within the next day. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!
by Cricket on February 07, 2005 07:03 AM
Hi, Jooliea! [wayey]
Welcome to the forum!

Peace lilies are great in that they tell us by their wilting foliage when they need watering. Because your plant perks up after you water it, it suggests to me that perhaps it is too rootbound and the soil isn't able to hold all the water the lily requires.

Maybe someone else will have other suggestions.

Cricket
by suzydaze on February 07, 2005 03:20 PM
I would have to agree with cricket sounds too rootbound to me too. Could buy another pot and just divide it. I broke mine up about 2 years ago and made 8 pots and gave some away.

-
 -
I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
by jooliea on February 07, 2005 08:36 PM
Thank you both very much for your advice. I am going to try dividing the plant and see if that helps. Thanks....
by Barb Illinois Zone 5 on February 09, 2005 01:17 AM
Well, that was a timely posting! Received a Peace Lily as a Christmas gift from an out-of town relative. Couldn't believe a florist would deliver a pot bound plant but since I had the same problem, I checked the root system and I definitely need to repot! [Confused] Juuliea, if you hadn't asked, I'd still be watering it every three days...Thanks and welcome to the forum! [wayey]

-
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intent of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,
"WHOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!"

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: