The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

someone help

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2002
« Prev thread: some veggies| Next thread: someone stepped on one of the peonies. »
Back to Thread index
by flower_kat_2002 on September 22, 2002 08:57 AM
ok i am completly new to this gardening thing- is there any certain rules about what plants you can plant next to eachother?
by Plant Doctor on September 23, 2002 02:56 AM
There are no rules persay, but one thing you should keep in mind is what is going to be the plants mature size, and will it crowd out, the surrounding plants. Also keep in mind the mature size of any trees that you may want to plant. Remember the tree will more then likely outlive you, so it will be there for quite some time. Think ahead about how close it is to a house, garden, powerlines, ect... Roots are also something to think about. I have seen lots of nice lawns ruined by people planting maple trees. As the roots mature, they sap all the moisture out of the soil, and compact it as well, making it very hard to grow grass uner them.

-
by mom54 on September 23, 2002 09:57 AM
You should also plant things that have the same needs--water, sun or shade, etc. You can different beds of plants and flowers. It's not as hard as it sounds. I've made plenty of mistakes, and sometimes it works out anyway. Good Luck~~~~~~~

-
by flower_kat_2002 on September 23, 2002 12:21 PM
Thanks for your help- both of you- i really appreciate it!!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: some veggies| Next thread: someone stepped on one of the peonies. »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: