The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pothos Brown Tips

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2006
« Prev thread: Pothos| Next thread: Pothos going up... »
Back to Thread index
by Jillbc on September 25, 2006 08:47 AM
Hello All!

I was wondering if anyone can help me...I have had this pothos for quite some time and while it has not made tremendous strides in growth, it is starting to make some progress at the end of the single vine it maintains. Which is what brings me to my question: how can my plant show growth at one end and at the other (near the base) begin to show signs of death/rot? I have noticed some leaves starting to turn yellow, then the tips turn brown. And in some cases, the leaves turn yellow all together and just fall off. Can anyone please tell me what could be happening?
by amy7467 on September 25, 2006 09:26 AM
I'll take a guess because I have a couple of these. I think they like a lot of humidity. Try misting the leaves in between waterings. I read in a house plant book to put them in the shower every now and again because "it reminds them of rain and makes them happy." Isn't that cute? I'm not sure about the rot part...maybe water less and mist more?
by DowntoEarth on September 26, 2006 04:49 AM
It might have been over or under-watered at some point
Over-fertilized, wrong light can also cause the symptoms your describing

Pothos do well in bright indirect light (no hot direct sun)Dapple sun or just a little bit of sun is ok though. Maybe you're needs a little more light hitting the top of the plant [dunno]
I always make sure pot I use is about the same size as the root-ball (let it get on the rootbound side)
and dry out first between waterings.
by Jillbc on September 28, 2006 07:07 AM
Thank you guys!

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: Pothos| Next thread: Pothos going up... »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: