The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

Pothos problem

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2005
« Prev thread: pothos plant| Next thread: Pothos questions »
Back to Thread index
by Leander on January 17, 2005 09:06 PM
My Pothos's leaves are getting brown,withered areas and eventually fall off. Kind of spotty at first and progresses. It stays outside as I have so little light indoors, but when the forcast is a freeze, in it comes. Is it just stressed?
by Amy R. on January 18, 2005 02:24 AM
by njoynit on January 23, 2005 12:55 AM
Its probably stressed.I have mine out on porch its screened in and got that covered in plastic.I wrap in sheet on cold nights...like tonight.I just make sure all my buddys got a dash of water to wet them roots on them cold nights.I'll probably cut my vines and root them come our real spring.I got a few yellow leaves& some are limp..mainly the lower half of plant.
you can check for spider mites.its best to check early in morning,cause if they see ya...they RUN!I think I don't have um cause keep my plants cooler& they are less active then.

so where ya at in TX?I'm woodville.ya ever been to UTMB Galveston?you gotta go see their artiem or whatever that things called(is room on backside of elevators) they got all these plants in there.When hubby had his heart attck.I was in there takeing cuttings and putting them in newspaper.(And I bet folks thought I was in there reading paper...HA!) they got a HUGE pothos ivy.2 kinds.I took cuttings got some white variegated and some yellow varigated thats got a thick stem as theres grows DOWN the wall dangling.I brought home parts off a ginger rizome(they really should make stronger plastic spoons for that from caffiteria).a pup off a banna tree(ornamental it blooms red& leaves a pretty pink banana) 3 kinds of arrow root& a TI plant now thats growing nicely. I took a few begonia cuttings and planted in there when went to one of hubbys visits for check up.I was doing cuttings of other stuff from around town to olender cuttings.when they bloom I'll probably be moveing them as mixed the colors up.I know was amazed at that potos ivy vine.Ya know parts of that vine were woody!probably great lil protected spot in there.I shoulda told cuz to run up there with camera and take a pic on christmas when had all that snow...course she was busy makeing snowman& fun before it all went away.

-
 -
I will age ungracefully until I become an old woman in a small garden..doing whatever the Hell I want!

http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit03
http://community.webshots.com/user/njoynit
http://photos.yahoo.com/njoynit03
by Leander on January 24, 2005 08:52 PM
Thanks for the tips. Good site too. I'm surprised you didn't get arrested for pilfering plants. Haven't been there is a while, but that's a thought. Can't see any mites, but it might just be too wet.

Active Garden Forum

« Prev thread: pothos plant| Next thread: Pothos questions »
Back to Thread index

Search The Garden Helper: