The Garden Helper

Helping Gardeners Grow Their Dreams since 1997.

No-dash-here, you've found The Real Garden Helper! Gardening on the Web since 1997

How to care for the Aloe Vera

Gardening Reference » Gardening in 2004
by pepper on April 29, 2004 10:53 PM
My aloe is starting to shrivel up after I transplanted it. I did it in the early spring, late winter, to a wider pot. Now the bottom of the plant is starting to droop and shrink up. How do I help it out? I have been feeding it fertilizer (10-20-10), but it still looks sad. [dunno]
by Jiffymouse on April 29, 2004 11:06 PM
[wayey] hi pepper [wayey] welcome to the garden helper [thumb] glad you found and joined us [thumb]

about your aloe. first of all, stop feeding it. second, are you letting the soil dry between waterings? third, why did you repot? fourth, how much sun/light is it getting?

sorry to bombard you with all these questions, but those are the things we need to know to help you! good luck.
by Chrissy on April 29, 2004 11:14 PM
I have found that my aloes do best when I let them completely dry out between waterings, then I soak them good & let them go for a good long time. Sometimes a month & also they seem to like to be rootbound. They like a snug fit in their pot. When I have transplanted some of them to bigger roomier pots they don't seem to thrive as well. I have never fertilized any of my cacti & they don't seem to need it. All of mine are in full sun & seem happy there.

-
 -
z5b

Active Garden Forum

Search The Garden Helper: